Here you will find well-researched, objective information on health. This is to help you and your loved ones live 21st Century life as happily as possible.
This site is under constant monitoring, to ensure that information is updated to meet latest and best international practices, and that errors (rare) are corrected. Website monitoring is also so that Visitors’ comments, queries and concerns are addressed timeously.
May 2020: Publishing Days have been set to Sunday and Thursday every week.
Happy reading and learning!
The Admin, Dr Teboho Lekhanya (MB ChB, BSc) who researches and creates content, is a Generalist with many interests. He has decades of experience, and travel to 4 of the world’s continents.
By training, Dr T Lekhanya is a Biologist / Chemist and General Medical Practitioner with 2 decades of
experience in Family Practice. Highest accolade during MB ChB training: a Gold Medal Award for Research and Writing in Medical Science (Pharmacia & Upjohn, 1996).
Highest accolades from a Medical end:
- being elected Vice President, then President of the Lesotho Medical Association, LMA (2004 & 2005 respectively).
- LMA Award for Outstanding Service to Lesotho Healthcare, 2006.
By public engagement, Dr T Lekhanya is a Sport-for-Health-and-Development Practitioner. I use Sports to raise awareness about, and to prevent common and newly-emerging Public Health problems. Highest accolade to this end: being selected by FIFA for the Football for Health Award 2010 (FIFA World. April 2010, page 20).
The focus areas of this website are:
- Health Promotion,
- Health and wellness,
- Health Education and
- Public Health
SUMMARY OF Dr TEBOHO LEKHANYA’S ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
* Creating 2 own-domain, and 1 Siterubix websites through Wealthy Affiliate. Being in the Top 2% of the 2 million WA Community in publication statistics
* 2018: Helping to set up the rural Qacha’s Nek Community Radio in Lesotho (https://www.lca.org.ls/press-release-board-grants-new-licences-amends-and-revokes-some-operating-licences/)
* 2008-12: Chairman of the Medical Committee of the Lesotho Football Association
: Member, National Executive Committee of the Lesotho Football Association
* 2006: LMA Award for Outstanding Service to Lesotho healthcare
* 2005: LMA (Lesotho Medical Association) President 2005/6
* 2005: Setting up a sports project, Koeneng Golden Champs (KGC), to raise awareness about, and combat “Africa’s Four As” (AIDS, Alcoholism, Accidents & Allergies). KGC participated in FIFA World Cup 2010 and was shortlisted for FIFA’s Football for Health Award (FIFA World, Apr 2010, p20). By 2012, KGC was registered in Lesotho as Koeneng
Golden Champs Organisation and had also informally become Koeneng Group of Charities.
* 2004: Recorded a comforting album with Koeneng Gospel Choir (KGC), due to Africa’s death rate
: LMA Vice-President for 2004/5
* 2001/2: Setting up Koeneng Surgery with branches 364km apart
* 1998-2000: worked in 4 countries (S Africa, Lesotho, NZ, UK), in 3 continents
* 1996: Upjohn Award for Excellence in Writing, UCT
* FOUR publications as an undergrad medical student, with 3 in international medical journals
* MB ChB3: Best Essay Project in Human Behaviour at UCT (theme: HIV/AIDS), subsequently published by the Journal of the Community Health Association of Southern Africa (CHASA)
* MB ChB1: Among the Top 10 students in a class of 150, and subsequently (1992) being appointed as a Tutor in the Computer Appreciation course, University of Cape Town (UCT)
* BSc: Among the Top 5 graduates in Biology & Chemistry
Dr TEBOHO LEKHANYA’S PUBLICATIONS
1. The Lesotho Constitutional Crisis: A Cape Town Perspective. (A day-to-day account of one of Africa’s political crises, as it unfolded in Cape Town newspapers, 1994.)
2. “Medical Dictionary.” PACEMAKER 1996; revised 1999. (Medical humour.)
3. What are the Challenges of HIV/AIDS to Medical Practice in Africa? CHASA J 1997 8(1): 36-41. (A review of > 50 publications.)
4. Persistent, Severe Asthma in a Twelve-year Old Cape Town Twin. CHASA J 1997 8(2): 94-100. (A case study into Asthma.)
5. A Peripheral Hospital Can Be Fulfilling: For Staff and Patients Alike. South African Medical Journal (SAMJ) 1998 May 88(5): 567-9. (Hospital Survey.)
6. The Lesotho Mixed-Member Parliament: An Essential, But Expensive National and International Asset. Lesotho Medical Association Journal 2004 Dec 2(2): 31-33
7. 3 publications in Public Eye weekly newspaper in the weeks from 2/12/2005:
“Gender Equality Now, Not Another Death Later!”
“Who’s Failing Whom – ABC or Us?”
“Hey, What Happens After Hey” (Editor’s Choice)
8. HIV Prevention is Not as Simple as A, B, C: Going Beyond “ABC” for Lesotho. Lesotho Medical Association Journal 2007 Jul 5(2): 5-7
WHY Dr T LEKHANYA WANTS TO HELP PEOPLE
Twenty-first Century life, though seemingly glamorous, is hard. And it is getting harder for the majority of the world’s inhabitants.
More than half the world’s population is experiencing two pandemics with onset within 40 years of each other. This double attack by viruses is unprecedented.
The world’s economy is not stabilising. The Climate Chaos (often called “Climate Change”) that began at the close of the past century, continues unabated. And it brings about a lot of destruction, which hits the weakest members of society the most.
The unfolding COVID-19 Pandemic has reawoken the Human Race to the fact that all of us, need all of us.
Dr T Lekhanya would like to reach out to the Global Community with his preventive and promotive work. Importantly, I aim to provide information and solutions to you personally, Dear Reader. I wish to lend a hand in alleviating suffering, not only of humans, but of all forms of life on Earth.
THE GOAL OF THE SITE
The goal of the site is to provide, at the fingertips, information for people around the globe. This help is available 24/7, at high speed, in order to enable Visitors to tackle Health and Wellbeing issues.
The backbone of the website is a proactive approach, EDUCATING one and all in the global community, and providing answers for some of the most pressing questions.
Interaction / discussion is strongly encouraged. But this should be cordial and respectful, not only towards the site’s host(s), but to other Site Users as well.
Thanks for visiting this my website and all the best! 🤗
Dr Teboho Lekhanya
MB ChB (Cape Town), BSc
EICS Verification Number: E142710-3
#PersonalHealth #HealthAndWellness #FamilyPractice #FamilyHealth #GlobalHealth #PublicHealth #PrimaryCare #GeneralPractice #GP #HealthPromotion #HealthEducation #PreventiveMedicine #DiseasePrevention